Friday, September 16, 2011

INSPIRATION

It's weird how something can just punch you in the face with inspiration when you least expect it. And at other times, something you expected would inspire you leaves you completely empty. I just watched the movie Viy (1967). A very good russian movie, atmospheric, creepy, great effects for the time, and just overall a pleasant watch. But nothing. Normally horror oddities like these inspire me greatly, so much that idea after idea will pop up while watching it. Sometimes stuff that helps me with the current movie I am making, but in most cases it's ideas that requires an all new movie idea altogether. Another good movie I watched that didn't inspire in the least was Wound (2010). The last film that really inspired was Seeking Wellness (2008). It didn't inspire me to make something of the same kind, but parts of it really got my brain going in the right direction. I really need to thank the movies I watch more often than I do.

I should also add that I'm not bashing the movies that didn't inspire me, it's not that I am calling the movies themselves "uninspiring". Maybe next time I watch them they do. I can't control what ideas should pop into my head at what times!

No comments:

Post a Comment